Global Student Entrepreneur Award
Participating in Årets studentföretagare gives you a chance to win the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards!
Undergraduate and graduate* students that own and run businesses while attending ”universitet” or ”högskola” in Sweden can apply for: Årets studentföretagare 2019!
Students are nominated or nominate themselves through the online nomination form. A student entrepreneur is considered fully nominated when the application has been completed with the following documents; document confirming enrollment for the current academic year in a university/college, a list of classes for the current semester, balance sheet and income statement, a certificate of registration and a copy of the corporate tax card (F-skattsedel).–
The criteria for Årets studentföretagare 2019 is:
- to be enrolled for the current academic year in a university/college as an undergraduate or graduate* student at the time of application. Full-time enrollment is not required; part-time enrollment is acceptable
- to be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation. Each company can be represented by only one owner/co-founder
- the business must have been in operation for at least six consecutive months prior to the application
- the business must have generated 5000 SEK or received 10 000 SEK investments at the time of application
- not have been one of the top seven finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition
- age cap for participation is 30 years of age
A nominees’ application will be evaluated by a Swedish panel. 5-7 students will advance to the next level in the competion, the Presentation. This will take place in Stockholm January 2019. The Swedish panel determines who becomes Årets studentföretagare 2019. Årets studentföretagare wins 150.000 SEK and participation in the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA).
Student entrepreneurs compete through regional competitions to win their shot at going head to head against the best student entrepreneurs in the world at the GSEA. Students are inspired to adopt entrepreneurial endeavors by bringing global visibility to student business owners who are innovative, profitable and socially responsible!
Årets studentföretagare is organized by Entreprenörskapsforum and Tillväxtverket and sponsored by Triton Adviser (Sweden) AB. GSEA is organized by Entrepreneur’s Organization.
Find more information about the GSEA at www.gsea.org.
For more information about Årets studentföretagare please contact Ylva Skoogberg or Tel. + 46 702-260050.